RSS FEED

Part II: Beginning the End

First and foremost, I am not smart. This has been a mistaken misconception from the onset of those awkward meetings. To be truthful, I have at times allowed the thought to play its course but in all honesty these exceptions were more because the manner I was targeting for was to undermine potential pitfalls that would have killed any chance of further communication. In other words, I do it to slip past those barriers that would have been previously insurmountable.

Frankly the same could be said for my engaging approach and disarming personality but the difference is that I am being half truthful. Indeed, the verity of my claims could not be further investigated but such things can only be taken on trust. Anyhow, what one means by this half truth is that it is a fraction of what I am. A shade, some slight sliver of soul which encompasses the mystery of me. As is every human, enigmas unto themselves.

But I digress. The reasoning behind such a vehement refusal of this claim to brains is because I have been most wrongfully purported to be graced with such on too numerous an occasion. I happen to possess a fair degree of knowledge yes, and am perhaps luckier then the average person so far as insight goes but beyond that, labeling one such as me as having above standard intelligence is a misnomer and laughable at best.

Admittedly, my word choice and use of syntax is a rather glaring oddity that does not coincide with the message I am trying to relay. Truthfully though, vocabulary and whatnot really shouldn’t be one of the major deciding factors. It is a feature yes, but plays a minor role when taking other things into account. That’s not even mentioning the fact that I am still learning the many ways of English and as such have made mistakes.

Ultimately, I suppose the purpose for this post was to give insight as to what kind of person I am and provide an outlet for this troubling view that has been dogging me for the longer part of my life and which I do not agree with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Return top